Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Haiti 2016: Answer to a Prayer (Allison)

"By becoming the answer to someone prayer, we often find the answers to our own." I found this quote and I think it's especially true for us today! We have been working really hard and we have been meeting incredibly awesome people. Yesterday we were talking to college age students, actually some the same age as me, and I was surprised by how different, but similar we were. They have different hobbies than me like washing clothes and playing soccer, but they liked to joke around too. They work really hard at the technical school and are very grateful for it. They are easy to talk to and have the same taste in music, like one of the guys liked Justin Bieber! I thought that was pretty cool. Then we visited the children at schools. I love playing with those kids! They are so happy and bright eyed all the time! I know they don't have a lot, but you wouldn't know it, because they are always smiling those cute smiles! They just swarm you and love playing games with us. And they love taking pictures on our phones. Getting to know these people and seeing the progress Gary's school and everyone's efforts are making is just really cool. Today we made two more classrooms and painted away. I'm so happy I get to be a part of it and meet some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment